Kitchen Handles & Knobs
Updating your Handles and Knobs is a simple, cost effective change that can have a big impact on the overall look of your kitchen.
Your kitchen is the central hub of your home, and most people consider it the most important room of the house. Everyone gathers in the kitchen. It’s where you cook meals, eat together, maybe do homework with the kids and create memories with friends and family.
The smallest things often make the biggest impact. Handles aren’t always given the consideration they deserve. The style you choose can significantly impact the overall feel of your kitchen space. The hardware is equally as important as the cabinets themselves!
While shopping around for new handles and knobs you will discover a selection of –
Modern, Contemporary, Traditional or Antique style. Elegant or Rustic.
Stainless look, Brass, copper look, or even leather or timber.
Large or small, Round or square.
There’s an option and style to suit any kitchen.
HELPFUL HINTS –
- It’s important to choose handles and knobs that will compliment the rest of your kitchen decor and maybe cabinetry you have near by.
- The colours should work well together, and the finishes shouldn’t clash.
- You should use functionality and your personal preference to approach choosing the right style.
- Keep in mind that you’ll be using your kitchen handles and knobs every day. Therefore, consider your budget, ease of cleaning, ease of use, size and weight of your drawers.
- Knobs – round knobs will never go crooked. Knobs are attached with screws, and screws can become loose over time. If you choose a round knob, it will always be centered. Novelty knobs, square-shaped knobs, and knobs that aren’t round can lose their centre and look unbalanced when a screw inevitably becomes loose. Although not a difficult problem to fix, it can be annoying to see crooked and uneven knobs throughout a kitchen.
- Knobs can be harder to grasp. Sometimes people who have an issue with arthritis or people with a disability, could typically find a knob harder to grasp then a pull, bow or D handle.
- Depending on the size, shape and location of the handle and knob, it can catch on clothing and become an annoyance.
- Handle and Cabinet templates are a handy tool to make sure all your handles are aligned correctly when installing. You can also make up your own jig or template.
- When replacing your old handles with a new one, you might like to consider replacing with the same size handle so you can use the same screw holes. Most handle sizes use the measurement from screw hole to screw hole.
Click here and visit our ONLINE STORE and save with great prices and great designs – Australia wide delivery.