Kitchen Planning –
Your kitchen should not only look fabulous but also be practical for you to enjoy the convenience of a well planned space.
Convenience is the key !!
Workflow and storage are two of the key elements that need to be considered in your planning. Meal preparation and clean up are normal kitchen workflows, so think about what utensils you need and the distance you will travel around your kitchen space. Plan for ergonomics and make sure everything is in reach, because happy kitchen, happy life.
For example –
Fridge to preparation area.
Stove to preparation area.
Dishwasher to drawers and cabinets where your plates and glasses live.
Preparation area to your rubbish bins to get rid of your scraps.
Pots and pans to stove oven area.
Coffee machine and kettle to your cups, coffee, tea storage area.
It is important that your kitchen design is well planned, well organised and maximises all usable storage space. So a perfect kitchen design should not just deliver good storage space but it must also be easy and simple to navigate, therefore easy to view, reach and able to store all kinds of appliances and items.
- Designating certain areas of the kitchen to different functions, can create a more adaptable multipurpose space.
- Is cutlery and crockery stored near your sink or dishwasher for easy unloading?
- Plan your kitchen so you can save time when preparing and cleaning up after meals.
- Where possible, replace bottom cabinets with drawers to make the best use of available space.
- Will you be using the kitchen for other tasks – work, homework, entertaining?
- Is there sufficient amount of preparation area?
- During food prep, do you find yourself naturally close to the sink?
- Are utensils, spices and boards easily at hand?
- Glossy surfaces and glass splash backs help reflect light into dark spaces.
- Design to maximise views and natural light.
- Want to make a statement in your kitchen? Try a feature panel or dramatic splash back or eye-catching pendant light.
- Position your kitchen appliances at bench height to make your kitchen ergonomic and easy to use.
Quick Kitchens –
is a local small business. We use Australian made board and and manufacture in our Caboolture factory. We custom cut all our orders – NO STANDARD SIZING, therefore you can build your cabinets to any size. You don’t have to try and fit a standard size cabinet into a space that just doesn’t work.
Order a FLAT PACK kitchen which can save you money or order an ASSEMBLED kitchen at a small extra price and then all you need to do is place your cabinets in place.
However, if you are unsure and would like someone to install your kitchen for you. Our sister company Northside Kitchens can help you. Peter will come on site and give you a free quote. North Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast.
Visit our showroom and view all the different colour ranges. Unit 5 / 39-45 Cessna Drive Caboolture QLD 4510 (corner of Cessna and Skyreach)